Monday, June 20, 2016
COAST, the Cooperative Alliance for Seacoast Transportation, has an opening for a Full Time Reservationist/Dispatcher in its Call Center.
The Reservationist/Dispatcher is responsible for accepting trip requests for demand response transportation services in the region, providing information to callers about accessing transportation services, and preparing daily trip manifests.
- Receiving requests for transportation services by phone and email.
- Using custom-built scheduling software to record trip requests and building trip manifests.
- Assigning drivers and vehicles to manifests, taking client and driver needs into consideration.
- Providing information on how to access a wide variety of transportation services in the region, especially those services that focus on seniors and individuals with disabilities.
- Contributing to ongoing projects as needed.
Work week is Monday-Friday, typically from 10:00AM to 6:30PM, however, the day will regularly extend to 7:00PM. COAST offers competitive pay and a generous benefits package.
High school diploma or equivalent required. Previous customer service and/or call center experience of at least one year preferred. Must possess strong interpersonal skills and a customer service orientation. Must be exceptionally courteous, patient, and helpful. Must have a clear speaking voice and strong phone skills. The ability to use, understand, and learn computer applications and advanced software techniques is required. Must be able to gain a working knowledge of the COAST route system and the street network of the region.
For more information about this opportunity please visit www.coastbus.org/careers.html.
Please submit a cover letter, completed COAST Application for Employment, and résumé by July 1, 2016. COAST is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. Successful pre-employment drug screen and background check required.
Job Type: Full-time
- High school or equivalent
- Customer Service and/or Call Center: 1 year